[aprssig] Need Help With D700 UIDIGI settings

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Dec 12 17:56:06 EST 2007

Richard KC0RNP wrote...

>I in Herrin IL which is in Southern IL. I am using my D700 as a DIGI
> and would like to know how to set up UIDIGI so that I don't flood the
> network. I have it set to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1,WIDE2-2 but I am not sure if
> this is correct.

It is your own path that you can set so it is no longer than
necessary... e.g. the recommened WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1. In areas where there
are one or more high WIDEAn-N digis with large footprinits, even a path
of WIDE2-1 could be more than adequate. You don't want to be messing
with the WIDEn-N paths that others are using except for helping by
providing a WIDE1-1 digi... if it is needed in your area. Based on some
of your earlier messages, having a WIDE1-1 digi at your location would
probably be a good thing.

> I am thinking that I only need to set up my DIGI for a WIDE1-1 fil-in
> DIGI.

I don't have a D700 so won't try and suggest any settings, but I think
you should only be setting it up to respond to WIDE1-1. You don't want
to be messing with WIDE2-1 or WIDE2-2 unless you were on a hilltop. Even
then, the D700 probably wouldn't be the ideal choice. Use it for its
intended purpose and when suitable, help out mobiles by providing
WIDE1-1 service if they can't reliably hit the real WIDEn-N digis.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH