[aprssig] WIDE7-7 in the PNW

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Tue Dec 11 18:34:27 EST 2007

Thanks Bob.  Yours is an opinion I share.  You're correct, it's those NWAPRS
rabble-rousers who've talked up that "7-7 in reserve" plot.  <grin>  One
unfortunate problem is there is only room for a maximum of 4 of those
"trapping" aliases in the UIdigi setting of the Kantronics digi TNCs.  Some
other digi types can list 8 of those aliases, and that can help more.

For "S overlay" digis here in Northern California ("SS"=NCA), I favor
UIdigi ON WIDE4-3,WIDE4-2,WIDE3-3,WIDE3-2
in the vers8.3 and higher KPC TNCs.
And if the reply from the TNC to your VER command is instead
KPC3-3F427265-8.2 then
UIDigi ON WIDE1-1,NCA1-1,WIDE3-3,WIDE3-2  ;in v8.2 but not later WIDE1-1
must be listed

And these "S overlay" digis use
CWID     EVERY 0
DIGIpeat ON
DWait    0
HID      OFF
Monitor  OFF
MYAlias  None   ;not RELAY nor WIDE nor TRACE nor WIDE1-1
PASSAll  OFF
UIDWait  OFF
UIFlood  NCA,30,ID  ;_your_ "SS" may vary from NCA
UITrace  WIDE,30

A fill-in digi (KPC-3v8.2 or newer) sets instead
MYAlias  None  ;not RELAY nor WIDE nor TRACE nor WIDE1-1
UIDigi   ON WIDE1-1
UIDWait  OFF
UIFlood  %     ;disabled
UITrace  %     ;disabled