[aprssig] KPC-3+ 383 Problem

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Dec 11 16:41:52 EST 2007

Travis KB5ILY wrote...

> Since my past has always been with MFJ's 127x line I know little about
> the programming quirks in a KPC.  So, am I correct in thinking that
> the lines of:
>
> BLT 3 EVERY 01:00:00 START 00:20:00
> BLT 4 EVERY 01:00:00 START 00:50:00
>
> is telling the KPC-3+ to wait one day before starting to send via the
> paths listed in LTP 3 & 4 respectfully ?

Actually, BLT 3 as above means send it every hour starting 20 mins
after the hour, and BLT 4 means every hour starting at 50 mins after the
hour. Between the BLT 1 /2 / 3 / 4, it will be sending its own beacon
out every 10 minutes, but they will go out direct 30 and 40 mins after
the hour, with a one hop path 20 mins after the hour, and with a two hop
path once an hour at 50 mins after the hour. See for an example of the
setup.

> If that is correct, then as Chuck N0NHJ pointed out, my suspected
> problem would not be a problem, but the system is simply waiting as
> instructed.

I didn't spot it before, but Andy AB9FX hit the nail on the head...
there is a digit missing from your longitude. The beacon text should
be...

;145.11-AR*111111z3413.15N/09305.26WrT088 R25m Meet1StThur at EOC

It may or may not show up on the APRS-IS depending on whether it hits an
IGate direct or not. The important thing is that the beacon text for the
repeater object goes out every 10 mins direct with no path. Get some
sleep, and merry Christmas to you!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH