[aprssig] Embedded pcs as KPC3 replacement

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 5 18:55:43 EST 2007

Message: 26
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 17:07:07 +0000
From: "Bill Vodall WA7NWP" <wa7nwp at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Regional Voice Alert VHF/UHF Plan B.

> Still pondering...
> .. and
> KPC-3+ TNC is to configure them for this arrangement:

Forget about the KPC-3.  Think instead what can be done with a real
(embedded) PC.  USB Soundcards are $20.  TNC-X is $50.  We can build a
complete dual port "modern" fully functional (programmable) server
with packet and full audio for about the same price as a new KPC3.

No more artificial limitations...

Bill - WA7NWP

---

But, but, but...

What will I do with all those Bell 202 modems I bought at the hamfest 20 years ago?   <grin>

Jim, W6RMK