[aprssig] CWXX to contact information?

Russ Chadwick russ at wxqa.com
Tue Dec 4 18:50:00 EST 2007

Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
> Is there any reliable way to reach the owners (or at least discover
> the names/contact info for the owners) of the various CWXX and other
> TCP-only WX stations that show up on ARPS and elsewhere?
>
> There are a number that I'd like to contact to see if they'd be
> willing to host some digipeater or igate hardware...
>
> 73 de chris K6DBG
Chris,

You can search the CWOP database (over 11,000 entries) through this link,

http://www.wxqa.com/search.htm

You can enter callsigns, names or locations and receive back information
and links to information for that station.

A not insignificant number of CWOP members with CWxxxx IDs are amateur
radio operators.  However, most are not and, of course, those would not
be able to operate a digipeater under the CWxxxx callsign.

Russ  KB0TVJ