[aprssig] Repeater Objects

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 07:29:01 EDT 2007

I contacted the local digipeater owner and asked if it would be
possible to add a local repeater object to the digipeater BTEXT.  The
response was simply "thanks for asking, but no", and I'm once again
confused.  I understand that the best place to put an object is in the
BTEXT of a digipeater, but if that isn't an option, what should I do?

I figure my choices are.
1. Transmit them from my home station and go against the
recommendations in:
http://cadigweb.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

2. Set up another digi in my area (which seems completely unnecessary,
and I bet you guys will tell me it would actually be harmful to the
network).

3. Forget the idea all together and not make this local information
available to the area.

Are there any other options?

Thanks & 73 de Joe NE3R