[aprssig] APRS - They don't get it (over on qrz.com)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 28 07:47:05 EDT 2007

> > What would you consider I could do to advertise the
> > nets/club meetings locally?   We ... Get a lot of visitors.
>
> Have one of the club members or local hams that live in one of
the
> higher locations on one of the hillsides of the Moorpark/Simi
Valley
> area, but below the summit,  beacon objects direct (no path at
all).

Problem is, if an APRS client is doing it, I don't think there
is a way to set objects to one path and routine ops to another.
SO the way to do this is to have the beacon station put the
beacon in his LTEXT and have a DIRECT path for that LTEXT and
its own 10 minute rate BLT.  Then his client APRS can do its
thing, but without messing with the local/direct beacon.

We always want these local objects local.  No spam out of area.

Bob, WB4APR