[aprssig] APRS Objects

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:56:41 EDT 2007

My originating station isn't very high or powerful, PHG3000.

I'm configured to transmit WIDE2-2, and it doesn't seem like I can
adjust it to anything smaller for an object like that, if I could, I
would limit it to WIDE1-1, because it is only worth while as local
information, not to folks in DC & Baltimore.

It seems like most fixed stations on APRS use WIDE2-2.  It would be
nice if I could set it up so that I post to WIDE1-1 at a higher rate,
and WIDE2-2 at a lower rate, and if they ever let me put a real
antenna on this townhouse, to transmit direct even more often.

I sure wish I was a computer programmer, if I was I'd write some
software to do what I want it to do.  As it is I changed my ham
computer to Linux so I could run Xastir which works best for me.  It
sure would be nice if someone could write something with all of the
features and functions of aprsdos with the memory capabilities and
user interface of today's operating systems.

73 de Joe NE3R