[aprssig] APRS - They don't get it (over on qrz.com)

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:38:12 EDT 2007

APRS happens to be really good at tracking, that and weather have been
the 'killer apps' for APRS.

I like just listening to 144.39 with PL 100 sometimes, even w/o
TNC/Computer.  I don't find too many folks transmitting with the PL,
but they are there sometimes.

I'd like to get a D710 in the car with a GPS for tracking, but more so
I can see the information being transmitted by other APRS stations.

I don't see the internet integration as a necessity, but a nice add
on, although I wish there was a way to filter out a lot of those non
ham weather stations from findu.

I would like to use APRS a little more as a support tool for ARES.  We
aren't a very active group here in Frederick County, but we try to put
good tools to use in our planning.

QRZ.com isn't all bad.  The Q&A forum is a lot better than talk.
Things were really bad back before the FCC stopped Morse code testing.
 It would be better if you could ignore some users though!

73 de Joe NE3R