SV: [aprssig] Another kind of SmartBeaconing?

Rikard Sohlberg rikard.sohlberg at home.se
Sat Aug 25 17:43:08 EDT 2007

OK, no, as the trackers are merely an add-on, they do not need any
certification. The official racing timing is done via the IGC (The Gliding
arm of FAI) approved loggers. We are currently using the PocketTracker and
the new MicroTrak 300. And they work just fine!
Check out todays flight!

http://aprs.he.fi/?call=SEUNA&mt=m&z=9&timerange=21600

Or via your favourite site. 133 km today in difficult wind.
I use tactical callsign SEUNA (my gliders registration is SE-UNA) and our
club signal in the status message.

My guess is that many applications would benefit from a geofence/box-type
switching option. Please consider it!

73 de Rikard/SM0JWX

Me and my glider: http://www.pilotmagazinet.se/search.asp?search=SE-UNA