[aprssig] Original MicEncoder

Sam Guccione gucci1 at mchsi.com
Sat Aug 25 10:34:11 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply Wes!
  -----Original Message-----
  From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of Wes Johnston, AI4PX
  Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 9:58 PM
  To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
  Subject: Re: [aprssig] Original MicEncoder

  since no one else has answered, I'd say they are... the only issue I can
think of is that of the NMEA data.  There was something that changed in NMEA
2.0 that made many trackers _not_ read GPRMC (heading and velocity).  I'm
not sure if the original mic-e fell into this category.  I guess you could
use a NMEA 0183 gps unit and be fine... the aprs data side of things hasn't
changed.

  Wes