[aprssig] Comment String Display Viewer

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Aug 22 09:45:46 EDT 2007

> Have added our Tidewater wide area coverage 2m voice repeater:
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=146.970-R

Will show on 10x10 D7 as:

146.970-R
NoTn R50m
Net - 9PM

Will show on 10x10x8 D700 as:

146.970-R
NoTn R50m
Net - 9PM
WA4KXV

Will show on 14x14x14 D710 as:

146.970-R
NoTn R50m Net
- 9PM WA4KXV
Wide Coverage

If there is no tone, then I think it will be OK to eliminate
that field and you can move things left to display more maybe..

> and our local club meeting:
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=VBARC

Will show on the D7 as:

VBARC
VBARC Mtg
St Andrews

On the D700 as:

VBARC
VBARC Mtg
St Andrews
Mtg1stTH

On the D710 as:

VBARC
VBARC Mtg St A
ndrews Mtg1stT
H-w4ug.com

Because of the longer lines on the D710, we have asked kenwood
to include an auto-wordwrap-on-space in their next version so
that things formatted for the D7 and D700 will also line up on
the D710.  Then this would show as:

VBARC
VBARC Mtg St
Andrews Mtg1st
TH-w4ug.com

> While trying to format the comments for each so they would
> display correctly on the D700/D710/D7/HamHUD it occurred that
> someone with some programming prowess might be able to
> develop an extremely useful web based tool.
>
> Perhaps something that would let you enter a hypothetical
> comment line to see how it would display on the various
> radios.  Thus facilitating the choice of an adequate
> "universal" comment string...  I would be happy to
> host it if that was an issue.

Great idea!
Thanks

Bob, Wb4aPR

mobile radio
> experience.  When you get this FREQUENCY object added to the
> digipeater in
> your area, then also monitor it and QSO those visiting APRS
> mobiles as they
> pass through...
>
> Also run Voice Alert to pick up any simplex QSO's.  If you
> have a spare
> unused 2m rig in the shack, you can monitor Voice Alert
> (144.39 with CTCSS
> 100).  But please do not connect this radio to packet.  We do
> not want any
> home stations transmitting Voice Alert PL-100 packets 24/7 !!!
>
> I'm visiting in Fredericksburg VA, and there is a signal
> TXing VOice-Alert
> PL-100 all day, and I cannot get any response from him.
> REMEMBER!  Voice
> Alert is an active CQ and it is inconsiderate to other
listeners to be