[aprssig] PERL and WINDOWS for APRS

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sat Aug 18 20:19:55 EDT 2007

Gudday

I have for some time now discovered the power and versatlity of PERL on
LINUX.

It does mostly what I want, Database interaction, serial port, sockets,
graphics creation.

I have the situation now where I would like to use it under windows.

I have installed active perl, and telnet works well.

What I am struggling with is serial routines under windows with perl.

Has anyone had experience in this area ?

What I am doing is parsing serial data and connecting to mapping program
sockets.

Perhaps JAVA might be a solution ? But one step at a time.

Cheers

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au
http://www.tech-software.net