[aprssig] Waypoints to GPS Receiver: Navigation

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Wed Aug 22 09:43:44 EDT 2007

I believe that Wes AI4PX ran into this same issue with
him Map276C.  I think he had to badger Garmin until
they admitted it was a problem and fixed it in a
firmware update.

Over in the HamHUD community, we have been beta
testing new firmware that has $GPWPL waypoint output
for any GPS that can accept them, such as the Map60
you have.  This is the same feature available on the
Kenwood D7/700 radios, ADS's OpenTracker 1+ and
Tracker2 and the obscure Anti-Tracker (which I think
was only homebrew hardware, never in production).  I
have been testing the new HamHUD firmware with a
Map176C, eTrex Legend and 60cs.  All are working well
and DO NOT append the repeated waypoint with a numeric
identifier.  Instead, they just redraw the waypoint,
with the same name, at the new location on the map.
This make mobile APRS mapping a real treat!

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com
HamHUD Team - www.hamhud.net