[aprssig] Which Weather Station for a Mountain Top Digi

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sun Aug 19 21:04:46 EDT 2007

Oh yeah, here's the under-the-hood picture of the latest revision:

http://n1vg.net/opentracker/images/proto-e.jpg

The case was originally designed to hold a through-hole board, and it
needs a certain amount of space for the connectors anyway, so the new
SMT layout looks a little sparse, despite having about twice as many
parts.  It let me do things like add ferrite chips to all of the inputs
and outputs, though.

The big pads marked GND, OUT+, and IN+ are the connections for the solid
state relay.  Usually you'd bring 12 or 14 awg wires in through the
grommeted hole at the back.  I decided that was more flexible than using
those big PCB-mount PowerPoles.

Scott
N1VG