[aprssig] D710 GPS Port

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 08:26:20 EDT 2007

Took a quick look at that spec.

Callsign fields are 8 bytes each...

So...

G0WBX [null][null][null]  = 8 bytes...

G0WBX-99    Also 8 bytes?   If the - is not allowed, then whatever?

As above, I only took a quick look at the spec, and I can see some
howlers in the scrambler too, initialise to all zeroes?  Hmmmmm...

It sort of looks like a commercial thing, that was sort of decided to be
used as a basis for a ham product too, probably to make up the
production run numbers to keep the cost down to the original customer?

Who knows..

The PDF loaded OK here, but the graphical diagram on or near the end of
the doc is a bit of a mess.

Have to agree though, it's rather too open to interpretation to be
usefull to anyone who doesn't have a working system to examine first.

Cheers.

Dave G0WBX.