[aprssig] TinyTrak with D700 note from a few months back?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Aug 16 19:43:22 EDT 2007

> I've found, that the D700 isn't beaconing... to
> supply as much location information as I'd like
> for my family to be able to locate me.  Even if
> I have it set to beacon every 3 minutes...

If you make a lot of short 10 minute trips with the car, yes,
then a 3 minute rate might not be sufficient.  On the other
hand, if the familiy does not have to see you actually moving,
then simply set your rate to once every 20 minutes and leave it
on all day except when you are at home.

In this case, of "where am I parked", it is one way of improving
reliability without overloading the network.  Or go for 10
minutes and reduce your path to only 1 hop.

Bob