[aprssig] GPS Recommendations Needed

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 13:21:51 EDT 2007

My Garmin GPSMAP76S has probably come down in price to that
point.  It works very well for APRS and supports maps (24mb of
memory) but does not support turn-by-turn directions.  When you say
"for trips" I'd think you'd mean you want turn-by-turn directions.

Comparatively, he could buy a USB LT-20 Delorme with a copy of Street
Atlas 2008 for 69.95..
.http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10122

Then he could buy a Deluo GPS for 60 bucks or so for his APRS
needs.  I have one on the back deck of my car for my D700.  He'd be
below 200 bucks between the two. :)

It depends on what the needs are.

--Droo, K1XVM