[aprssig] AvMap G5 for APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Aug 7 16:23:32 EDT 2007

> I guess that since Kenwood is introducing a new
> APRS ready radio that there will be an improved
> AvMap GPS.  Look at this brochure:
> http://www.geosat.us/avmap7%2007.pdf  It looks
> like it is smaller and has actual APRS symbols.

If you are referring to the top-down CAR symbol, I think that is
an option of the AVMAP GPS (own car, not others).  I have always
preferred that symbol in APRSdos because it not only turns and
shows the direction of travel of all mobiles, it can also accept
OVERLAY characters so that one can have as many as 36 of these
on the map and still recognize them without the clutter of
callsigns.

I really do like seeing mobiles facing the way they are
traveling.

Bob, WB4APR