[aprssig] Help for course/speed/altitude etc HF APRS

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 28 13:47:39 EDT 2007

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Jack Chomley wrote:

> GPS is putting out
> the $GPRMC string (TM1+ won't work at all, unless it gets it)

I would think that for HF you'd want the shortest packet possible,
so make sure you're not sending GPRMC strings over the air.  Try for
Base-91 or Mic-E format packets instead  if the TNC's will do that.

That said, the TNC needs to receive GPRMC sentences from the GPS in
order to get course/speed, and GPGGA sentences to get the altitude.

I don't know whether that info will help you, but each little  bit
of knowledge might get you closer to a solution.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer