[aprssig] Signal Locator WEB page

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 26 14:08:15 EDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, R. Simmons wrote:

>  Furthermore, I think hams generally don't co-operate on hunts, they compete
> against each other, ( = social hunts for fun ) so the skills ( and
> technology ) required for a co-ordinated "team hunt" never really get
> developed.

Don't be so quick there!  There's at least one case where
coordinated hunting in teams is done regularly:  Search and Rescue
teams hunting for Project Lifesaver bracelets on lost people.

Typically these people have Altzheimers, Dimensia, or some other
illness that puts them at risk for wandering.  It also makes them
about as susceptible to injury/death as a toddler, so it's important
to find them very quickly.  Find times in the 20-minute range or
less are what we strive for.

We have a bunch of people in our county outfitted with these.  Hunts
happen regularly.  I'd dearly love to get them set up with RDF units
for a coordinated hunt, but right now they use yagi's.