[aprssig] Signal Locator WEB page

R. Simmons pelican2 at silcom.com
Thu Apr 26 13:57:40 EDT 2007

 From an outsider : IMHO I agree the DF abilities of APRS have not been
cultivated and are largely dormant. I have long salivated over the prospect
of an effective web-based display with multi-hunter APRS inputs. Last year I
succeeded in making a simple PIC-based device that generates APRS-compliant
DF messages, and tested it successfully. It was detected and plotted on
FINDU.com, but with no DF bearing line. I could pursue it further and easily
offer it as a finished product, but without a means of display, it would be
pretty pointless.

 Furthermore, I think hams generally don't co-operate on hunts, they compete
against each other, ( = social hunts for fun ) so the skills ( and
technology ) required for a co-ordinated "team hunt" never really get
developed.

Bob S.