[aprssig] Functional path to hit both WIDE and WIDEn-n digis?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 25 15:27:40 EDT 2007

> It is incumbent on everyone of us as users of the APRS
> system to provide encouragement, and assistance to all
> sysops to get these things changed.  These old RELAY and
> WIDE legacy systems have held us back... about 3 years
> ago, we decided it was time to move on.

We also owe it to our fellow hams to alert anyone we see that is
still using RELAY and WIDE as their path to also change it,
since they are not getting out.

Just an hour ago, I heard a complaint/rumor very high up in the
AMSAT organization that the APRS network doesn't really work
that well.  They lost track of someone for over 3 hours  driving
through the entire length of PA.

When I checked the path on the particular mobile in question, I
find that he is using RELAY,WIDE.  No wonder he isnt being
tracked.  And oh-by-the way, congratulations for PA sysops for
setting their DIGIS correctly.

NOW IS THE TIME.  The Great Annual APRS Pilgrimage to Dayton is
only 3 weeks away.  We must make every effort to get the network
and users into shape.  Please see:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/DaytonPilgrimage.txt

Bob, WB4APR