[aprssig] RE: "Local Info" confusion...

Tim Cunningham tim_cunningham at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 24 13:32:16 EDT 2007

In UI-View, you must enable Options->Highlight IGATES.

The UIDIGI digipeater transmitting the originating third party packet format
will be identified as an IGATE as soon as UI-View receives the first
originating third party packet from it. UI-View will then place a box around
that transmitting digipeater. The object with the antenna will appear as
normal, but the transmitting digipeater will be identified as an IGATE as
soon as it receives the first originating third party packet from that
digipeater. If you click on the details for the originating digipeater,
UI-View will identify it as an IGATE on the dialogue box.

When the originating third party packet format was removed from multiple
UIDIGI digipeaters, the problem disappeared from UI-View for all stations
transmitting an originating third party packet beacon! A third party packet
begins with the symbol "}" in the beacon text. Please make sure you are
talking about the same type of packet transmission.

Here are a couple of examples using the third party format that were
programmed remotely to update 7 of the UIDIGI digipeaters:

BT 3 }146.940->APOBJ:!3444.27N/08631.98WrPHG7730 PL 100.0 Net Th 730PM
BT 3 }146.900->APOBJ:!3443.  N/08631.  WrPHG7700 PL 123.0 Net Th 7PM
BT 3 }147.180+>APOBJ:!3429.  N/08637.  WrPHG7730 PL 100.0 Brindley  Mtn
BT 3 }147.270+>APOBJ:!3431.  N/08537.  WrPHG7760 PL 100.0 Net Th 630PM
BT 3 }145.270->APOBJ:!3424.  N/08723.  WrPHG7630 PL 107.2 Net Tu 7PM
BT 3 }145.310->APOBJ:!3413.  N/08651.  WrPHG7700 PL 100.0 Net Su 830PM
BT 3 }145.150->APOBJ:!3448.  N/08658.  WrPHG7630 PL 100.0 Net Th 7PM

If your beacon text does not look like the above examples, then you are not
talking about the same thing (position ambiguity was utilized on all but
one).

What is the digipeater callsign and the object name it transmits that you
are referring? This should clarify any doubt.

Perhaps it only happens in Alabama because we are South of the Mason-Dixon
line ;>)

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama