[aprssig] Tactical call signs

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:11:08 EDT 2007

I was responding to the use of CW for use as an ID when using a digipeater.
Since CW will not translate through a digipeater, then you can't use it as
an ID when using a digipeater.  Your callsign needs to be contained in the
UI frame.  Where in the UI frame probably doesn't matter, as long as it is
somewhere that the digipeater will not strip it out.