[aprssig] Tactical call signs

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 15:57:28 EDT 2007

I shortened the part you quoted.  I'm assuming that is the particular
piece you are referring to.

Saying that the station needs to be authenticated by the first
forwarding station doesn't mean that the callsign needs to appear in
the header.  This section doesn't specify that an amateur callsign
must appear in the "from" area of the AX.25 header.  Under this
section, I (as a digi operator) can digipeat tactical callsigns so
long as I know that they are originated by an amateur.  It doesn't say
that I can't digipeat tactical calls, only that I need to authenticate
them or take responsibility for their content.