[aprssig] Announcing: New Products from RPC Electronics (Dayton Debuts)

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Mon Apr 23 08:11:56 EDT 2007

--- Amateur Radio WB8NUT <duffy at wb8nut.com> wrote:

> My suggestion. The plug into the D7 should be a
> right angle connector.
> As it is in your picture, it sticks out too far.

Normally, I would have a right angle on the cable,
such as my serial or Garmin cables
(http://www.rpc-electronics.com/kenwood.php), but I
was told by most requesters that this was intended
mainly for the D700 mobile.  Since the D700 has a
front mount panel jack, the straight plug seemed like
the best configuration to go with.  The added benefit
was, the same cable CAN be used on both radios, it
just sticks out a little further on the D7, as you
mentioned.

I guess if there was enough of a demand, I would
produce both versions.  Straight and right angle
versions.

Thanks for the input!
Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics