[aprssig] KPC-9612 Loader

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Apr 22 21:02:56 EDT 2007

> .. however haven't found anything on the
> suggested KPC-9612 parms.  In this case,
> port 1 is 144.390 @ 1200 and Port 2 is 430.100 @ 9k6.

Im guessing, but I think it has none of the special APRS digiepating modes, so you will have to set it up as a WIDE1-1 fill in digi only.

MYALIAS WIDE1-1
MYNODE  WIDE2-2
BTEXT !DDMM.hhN1DDDMM.hhW#W1,W2 only. comments
B E 10
UNPROTO AP9612
MYGATE WIDE1-1

Again, im shooting from the hip without full knowoldege of the 912, but the above settings will allow it to do these things:
1) Beacon its position every 10 minues DIRECET only
2) It will digiepeat all W1-1 and W2-2 packets one hop only
3) It will gateway any D700 mobiles eoming in at 9600 on the UHF frequnecy over to the 1200 baud channel
4) It will appear as s DIGI icon with an overlay of "1" showing that it is a 1-hop only digi.

Tell all mobiles in the area to use the path of VIA WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 if your area is a 2 hop area.  If it encourages 3 hops then tell users to use VIA WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2.

9600 baud users on the UHF channel should also use WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 and they will be cross linked from UHF at 9600 to he 144.39 at 1200

Hope that helps.  Tell