[aprssig] KPC-9612 Loader

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Apr 22 09:50:08 EDT 2007

> Building my first uidigi using a KPC-9612
> (Non-Plus) and was wondering if anyone has
> created a loader script that they would share.

I thought the UIDIGI ROM only works in a TAPR-2 clone TNC.

Maybe you meant you are using the 9612 as regular APRS digi?

In that case, be sure to put its 9600 baud second port on a second frequency (maybe 144.99) or maybe even on UHF.  Then at least in the area of that digi, locals could run their D7 and D700's at 9600 baud on that frequency and have collision free entry into the network...

THis is because the dual-port 9612 will merge the streams together on 144.39 without conflict.

Bob, WB4APR