[aprssig] Prius - Photos of Install Now On My Website

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 11:37:59 EDT 2007

With this discussion on Prius as a UPS, I thought I'd share some photos of a
battery backup that I put together for my APRS digipeater station this week.

The station has VHF and UHF transceivers and a Pentium III computer.  This
will also provide backup power for several wireless Internet links.

An overall view
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kc5zrq/images/bb01.jpg

An overhead shot
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kc5zrq/images/bb02.jpg

Access to UPS
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kc5zrq/images/bb03.jpg

Additional ventilation
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kc5zrq/images/bb04.jpg

This is the first such modification that I've made to install larger
(external) batteries to a UPS.  I've been testing it for about a day and it
seems to work as expected.  I'm interested to know if anyone else has done
this and if there are any issues that I should be concerned with.