[aprssig] Is this APRS Spamming ??

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 19 20:08:05 EDT 2007

> A Ham Radio store is a full time, brick and mortar operation,
> and thus any advertising of that store would be prohibited.

I would not consider the position report to be "advertising".
It is a service, just like putting the local EOC or local VOICE
repeater on the map.

But I think we  all agree that the advertising TEXT that was
posted is clearly across the line.

But if McDonalds (having nothing to do with HAM radio ) began
putting APRS objects on the map, I would agree completely that
that is clearly across the line and is advertising.  But if I am
parked with my mobile communications shelter in the parking lot
of a GOLDEN CORRAL who has offered a presentation opportunity on
ARMAD (Amateur Radio Military Appreciation day), then again, I
would have no problem at all with putting the GOLDEN CORRAL on
the map for that demo...

My 2 cents.

Bob, WB4APR