[aprssig] APRS Alternate Frequency...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Apr 13 15:42:11 EDT 2007

> race. So this year during the races we will be moving off of
the
> standard 144.390 to another frequency. Is there a an
"official"
> alternate APRS frequency? If not, I was thinking somewhere
between
> 145.500 and 145.800.

Easiest fix is to put up a few 144.99/144.39 temporary WIDE1-1
digis to cover the venue.  Then all low power trackers and D7's
can operate 144.39 +600 and not have to compete with any outside
QRM.  They use the normal path of VIA WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 or
whatrever is needed.

Also, these fill-in WIDE1-1 digis are not listening on 144.39 so
they will take PRIORITY over all other traffic when they
digipeat these event data over onto 144.39 where everyone is
listening.  The second and subsequent hops all occur on 144.39.

The advantages are:
1) Un-congested input to the event digis
2) RF priority for all event stations
3) OUTPUT is on 144.39 for Igates and surrounding viewers

Check to see that 144.99 is available in your area.

WB4APR, Bob