[aprssig] APRS Alternate Frequency...

Jeffrey P. Nast jpnast at frontiernet.net
Fri Apr 13 15:21:54 EDT 2007

Last year during a couple of races, we ran into an APRS propagation
problems during the races. Normally these are good problems, to see far
off stations, but it didn't help us by clogging the air waves during the
race. So this year during the races we will be moving off of the
standard 144.390 to another frequency. Is there a an "official"
alternate APRS frequency? If not, I was thinking somewhere between
145.500 and 145.800.

And yes, we will still be gating packets to the internet during the races.

Thank you!!!
-Jeff Nast
KC0MKS