[aprssig] SSID for RF only Station with backup power

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Apr 10 11:35:38 EDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Imagine this scenario:  You are starting up an emergency net with
> available stations soon after a major power interruption.  You start
> recommending to others that they use XX digi and YY igate, perhaps
> ZZ other resource.  Then one or more of them start disappearing.
>
> It'd be good to know ahead-of-time which ones might be a bit more
> reliable longer-term.

...and no matter how we prepare, Murphy usually thinks 'out-of-the-box',
and the digi that's actually available may not be the one that we mere
humans would have predicted!
   Are there any low-power digi implememtations that include some telemetry
capabilities?  In a situation of severely reduced resources, it would
certainly be helpful to know Actual battery state, solar influx, or
whatever, rather than some capacity claimed months or years ago when the
station was set up.  That would also be consistent with the basic APRS
definition of *current* situational awareness.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin