[aprssig] SSID for RF only Station with backup power

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:35:19 EDT 2007

Probably the best way to differentiate these stations is in the comments
field.  I like using abbreviations to identify the capabilities of my
station.  For example, I have an APRS station setup in a tall building
downtown.  It works as a digipeater and an Internet gateway.  My comments
sections says, "PHG8430 IG,W2,WTXn LUBBOCK."  The PHG figure describes its
RF capabilities.  IG indicates that it is an Internet Gateway.  W2 means
that it supports paths of WIDE2-2 or less.  WTXn means that it fully
supports SSn-N paths contained to the ARRL West Texas Section.

Having a PHG figure in your comment is the best way to indicate that you are
on RF.  I guess that if you are preventing your station from being gated to
the Internet by using RFONLY in your path setting, then you could put RFONLY
in your comment to reflect this condition.