[aprssig] Deviation meters

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 4 19:37:08 EDT 2007

> one for sure! I have 2 radios going full time with
> packet/aprs and just set them both till "they worked", it
> would be better to use a meter to set it more accurately.

Tongue-in-cheek:

Setting by ear is easy.  Listen to your packets, then turn the
TX deviation down until you don't hear distortion.  Then turn it
down some more.  Then turn it down some more.  Then turn it down
until the tone sounds pure and clean, NOT a BRAPP!.  Then turn
it down some more.  Then turn it down some more.

Then one might start getting better success rate out of their
packets..  Hi HI

Bob, WB4APR