[aprssig] Re: D7 Problem

Matt Hunter Matt at 1-x.net
Thu Sep 28 20:14:06 EDT 2006

Robert,

Before opening it up, I would try to perform a software reset. Hopefully
this will save you time fixing your problem.

Please consult the Owners Manual for the D7-AG (Walkie Talkie version).
*http://tinyurl.com/oyrbg (kenwood.net)
*On page 32 of the paper manual (40/112 in the PDF file), it will guide
you step by step in how to partial of fully reset the modem.

If your radio is the mobile version the, D700A, Please visit
*http://tinyurl.com/qkknm *and download the Owners Manual.
On page 12  - Bullet #6 of the PDF, it will guide you through how to
perform a full reset. Also consult page 41 for further instructions.

I have ran into similar troubles before with my D700. Xastir and UI-View
have left the TNC in a mode that I was unable to recover from.
A simple press of the red button (lower right hand corner) and it has
worked since.
You loose any stored information stored, so if you entered any repeater
frequencies, they will be erased.

Best of luck on your reset / solution to fixing this problem,

Regards,

Matt, KB1IKN

Robert Michaud wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I think I would like to check the connection before I send it in for repair.
> Is it hard or tricky to open up the D7?   Any thing to be cautious about?
>

> Robert

>>> 2) No connections to or through PCSAT-1
>>> 3) UI digipeating and APRS packets only typically at 1 minute
>>> rates or so
>>> 4) Watch pcsat.aprs.org for live activity
>>> 5) Use the path of VIA PCSAT-1 or VIA ARISS