[aprssig] Cheap GPS suggestion?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Sep 25 17:59:20 EDT 2006

Joel (callsign???) wrote...

> I'm looking for a cheap new GPS for a vehicle.  I do not expect it to
> have a display.  It'd be good if it would run off of 12V power.  It
> must output 4800 BPS NMEA.

Garmin GPS18. The PC version has a 12V cig lighter plug on it. It has
a 5V regulator built into the cig lighter plug. The LVC version is bare
wires and you provide the 5V regulator to power it. Obviously, avoid the
USB version that puts out Garmin mode only.

I have a Deluo GPS receiver as well, but it puts out a racket on the
repeater frequency that I usually listen on.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH