[aprssig] New EU final summary...?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 22 19:27:24 EDT 2006

> From: Cap Pennell [mailto:cap at cruzio.com]
> Bob, this new new-eu-paradigm.txt looks fine to me except
> for on one line,you wrote:
>
> New-EU Paradigm DIGIPEATER RULES:
> <snip>
> 3) For NETWORK reliability, All digipeaters  should:
>    a) Put their PHG in their position comment
>    b) Put "Wn,SSn" also to show the largest N supported
>    c) SSn shows the regional or sectional SSn-N
>    d) Use the DIGI syumbol with "E" overlay.
>    d) -or- use the "1" overlay for WIDE1-1 ONLY home digis.
>
> But I think and hope you meant to use an "S" overlay on
> the digi star map symbol for those "Wn,SSn" digis.
> And not a "E" overlay. ...

Cap,
Yes, I pondered this.  But since the recommendation before had
been for the E, I left it that way.  Because I do not want them
to feel they are pressured into the US way of doing things.
Hopefully, the New-EU Paradigm will be similar to the USA one,
but we just won't know until the dust settles.  So I figured let
the New-EU digis be "E" ones and we will all know what they are
once they are standardized.

Also is a quick visual on their digi's versus ours...

That was my thinking anyway.

Bob, WB4APR