[aprssig] RE: New EU Paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 20 21:23:28 EDT 2006

Wow, do I feel dumb...

I thought the final New-EU paradigm we eneded up with last time
was for TRACEn-N.  Boy was I surprised when I just checked and
found my New-EU-Paradigm WEB page was recommending WIDEn-N
eventually.  I'm floored.   I don't know what to say.  I'll just
butt out until the powers that be in Europe tell me which way
they want to go.

All I want is for there to be a common and consistent system in
Europe to simplify APRS for everyone.  But WIDE and TRACE (and
possibly RELAY are obsolete) and what ever they decide for an
n-N system, it must be traceable.

But if I was to kibitz, it would be WIDE1-1,WIDEn-N or the
easier way out is to use WIDE1-1,TRACEn-N and that way let their
system support BOTH, while also getting rid of the obsolete
RELAY, WIDE and TRACE paths while providing full traceability
AND the provision for WIDE1-1 to replace RELAY...  And then
encourge everyone to use TRACEn-N or WIDE1-1,TRACEn-N if they
need a supporting first hop.

Bob, WB4APR
Bruninga