[aprssig] New Kenwood radio?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Sep 19 11:19:46 EDT 2006

> Looks about the size and shape of a D700.  They did not have
the
> APRS control head with it... Just a fuzzy picture that looked
> similar to a fuzzy D700 control head.  They were passing out
> questionares asking how people used APRS and what features
they
> would like to see in a new radio...  The reason for the fuzzy
> picture is because it does not  yet exist I guess...

One thing they were showing and operating was the AVMAP GPS
Which is a large screen GPS that plots all APRS positions (just
like any other GPS, but it has separate icons for those that are
moving and those that are fixed.  This makes it esier to see the
mobiles.

The GPS comes with a D700 compatible cable, so it is just
plug-n-play.  This is the AVMAP GPS that we have seen advertised
in Kenwood adds for several months.  I think it is in the $800
class.

Bob