[aprssig] New Kenwood radio?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Sep 18 21:40:57 EDT 2006

> BUT WHAT IS IT?  You said nothing about but cosmetics that
could
> apply to anything. Is it a D700 replacement/successor? is it
an
> TS2000 like rig with Dc-to-light and some limited APRS, or is
it
> something totally new, maybe a DSTAR hybrid?

Looks about the size and shape of a D700.  They did not have the
APRS control head with it... Just a fuzzy picture that looked
similar to a fuzzy D700 control head.  They were passing out
questionares asking how people used APRS and what features they
would like to see in a new radio...  The reason for the fuzzy
picture is because it does not  yet exist I guess...

That's about  it.

Bob

> ---
> cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center,
vermont
>    <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
>    <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>
>     Home of the
>        K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power
Conditioner Kit
>        Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and
Connectors
>        Propeller Robot Controller         SX48 "Tech Board"
Kit

> On Sep 18, 2006, at 8:30 PM, Alan P. Biddle wrote:
>
> > Well, you can put the control face on either way, which
means you
> > can get
> > the speaker on the top or bottom.  Also, it will, according
to the
> > rep I
> > asked, have a "real" serial port for programming, without
needing
> > more than
> > a simple cable.  No more funky level shifting external
units.