[aprssig] Rant - Cross platform portability

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Mon Sep 18 13:03:40 EDT 2006

'typical amateur radio software user' ..... hooooooeeeeyyyyyyy ....
that was a mouthful ... said sub-class of population encompasses

   techno-dinosaurs
   hi-tech luddites
   gen-u-wine geniuses
   ordinary people
   ... and so on ...

I wouldn't want to begin to try to make that comparison. All I will
commit to is that the pool of Limewire users contains a lot of every-
day-joe appliance operators who don't know, nor do they care to know
how it works (nor should they need to!) they just want it to work ...
and it does! Limewire installs, it verifies if you have the JRE, if
not it goes and gets it and installs it, then installs itself ...
all ... "Look,Ma, No hands!" ... just sit back and watch it do its
thing.

---
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
   <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power Conditioner Kit
       Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and Connectors
       Propeller Robot Controller         SX48 "Tech Board" Kit