[aprssig] Rant - Cross platform portability

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Sun Sep 17 21:56:05 EDT 2006

> Jim Lux wrote:
>> Gregg makes some comments about the availability of software for a
>> variety of environments, and that triggers some comments about software
>> development, not necessarily directed at Gregg personally, but at a
>> general misunderstanding of how and why software gets developed.
>
> Hi Jim, I guess I stirred up some emotions.

I had a rather lengthy rant of my own in response, but fanning the flames
of a JAVA war are not needed on the sig. For once...I'm not going to send
it. My mom would be very proud.

Suffice it to say...until you pay my salary..don't presume to tell me what
to work on. And if you do pay my salary..you better ask nicer than that. I
do more than my fair share of "charity" work in the development arena and
I'll thank you not to spit on my work.

-Tyler