[aprssig] APRS antenna for an airplane

w2kb at comcast.net w2kb at comcast.net
Sat Sep 16 10:48:36 EDT 2006

A previous owner of my '76 Cessna Cardinal had an extra aircraft antenna mounted on the belly with a cable terminated with a BNC connector in the cockpit so that an aviation handheld could better be used as a backup should both the regular transceivers fail.  I recently tried the antenna with a Kenwood D700 running at the lowest transmit power setting and it works fine.  (I don't want to trim the antenna length to better preserve its backup use.)

73,  ---Ken W2KB  N16019

From: Earl Needham <needhame1 at plateautel.net>