[aprssig] Winlink

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Wed Sep 13 17:10:17 EDT 2006

On 09/13/2006 04:19 PM, Ray McKnight wrote:
> WinLink itself has nothing to do with "only runs under Windows".
> If you can use a terminal program and issue command line ASCII commands
> you can use Winlink on anything with a serial port, even a CP/M box or
> Commodore-64, on both VHF or HF.

Thank you Bob and Ray for shedding some light on this.  I stand
corrected!  My only problem with the Winlink information I'd read is
that I didn't find anything that mentioned this, only "download this
Windows executable here" or "Run this Windows program from here".  Now
that I know there's more to it than that, I might have to dial up a
local Telpac node and see what I can do.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285