[aprssig] Re: aprssig APRS Telemetry

Andy AB9FX ab9fx at aprs.pl
Fri Sep 8 14:27:43 EDT 2006

Doug,
In the KPC3+ there are only two first analog inputs ready to use (AN0 and
AN1). You need just to install proper resistance for voltage divider (R27
for AN0 and R13 for AN1), so the voltage would be in the range of 0-5V in
the K (AN0) and J (AN1) points.
I've installed R27 41k2 (most common); in such case when R24 is already
10k AN0 input before divider is in range of 0-25.5V getting 0-5V in the K
point. This is for easy battery voltage calculation. APRS analog telemetry
range is 0-255. Having voltage of 12.2V you get 122 in telemetry packet.
Moreover for AN0 and AN1 in the KPC3+ you need configure jumpers J8 and
J10 to have AN0 and AN1 on the DB-9 radio port (pins 4, 8) or DB-25 comp
port (pins 18, 11). See
http://www.kantronics.com/documents/kpc3ppinout.pdf
Other analog telemetry inputs AN2, AN3, AN5 are available with some
modifications. I used description from
http://home.teleport.com/~n3eg/kpc3telem.html
Temperature measure and current measure circuits I took from Bob
description http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/ande/ANDEeqns.gif
73!
Andy