[aprssig] Fun with FloodAdvisor

john b. leonard, jr. w9jbl at comcast.net
Sat Sep 2 21:16:13 EDT 2006

If those conditions are of interest to kayakers, consider going to
www.weather.gov,

click on your area of interest (in this case No. VA)

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/lwx/

and find "Rivers Lakes AHPS" on the left,

http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=lwx

A clickable map will appear, allowing you to click on a water monitoring
site.

If you want to see what the Shenandoah River is doing, click on "Front
Royal", which will take you to
http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lwx&gage=frov2&group=255
029&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

Information such as flow rate, flood stage and UTC and local time are given.

This information is available for most of the US by going to your area of
interest at www.weather.gov

w9jbl