[aprssig] Fun with FloodAdvisor

Chuck Kimball n0nhj at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 19:10:08 EDT 2006

Steve - how much did the unit cost?

Chuck n0nhj
Glenwood Springs, CO

----- Original Message ----
From: Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com>
Sent: Friday, September 1, 2006 12:52:41 PM
Subject: [aprssig] Fun with FloodAdvisor

I got one of the water gauges, so expect more than the previously
mentioned graph of water levels:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/water.cgi?call=k4hg-4&last=48

For example, using Xtide I already can compare my reports to the
predicted tide:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/water-list.cgi?
call=k4hg-4&tide=705&floodoffset=5.5

as I write this, the peak error is .15 feet, less than two inches, at
any point in the last day. Not too shabby, the hardware passes this
test with flying colors...

The findU user interface needs to be cleaned up, right now there is
no web page to convert the text tide  station name into the number
the cgi uses, but there will be before too long, along with other fun
tide abilities.

Look for the obvious next step, showing the predicted tide and
deviation on the same graph as the actual level, before too long! If
you have any ideas, now is the time to share them...

If you have access to water, you should get one of these things, they
work, and they are cool...

Steve K4HG