[aprssig] APRS and barcodes

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Oct 28 10:05:00 EDT 2006

WHile I am impressed witht he barcode idea and am sure it has many applications, I wonder if there is a $20 keypad availble too.

With a digital keypad, then it would be easier to enter runner numbers and numbers for things one cannot reach-out and scan.

We have had an application for reporting scout roop patrols and scores and station numbers.  I have wanted to use APRS-DTMF for that so that any HT can be used as a data entry device, but so far, no one has come up with the APS-dtmf program other than my DOS version that needs a $3 external DTMF chip... I'm hoping someone will do it on a sound card so here is no hardware needed.

See http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprstt.html

de Wb4APR